Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Her:Yeah, everyone tells me you're such a nice guy.
Me:uh-huh...
Her:yeah, dave, ger, mark black...they all say you're a real nice guy.
Me:That's...that's just great...


I just need to write one more song.
And it's getting really frustrating.

Most of the songs that will end up being on the next spincycle album (whenever that happens) were written a while ago. Some of them two years ago. Mind you, I have written and subsequently dumped more songs between then and now. About, I donno, twenty or so.

But some of them are sticking around in my head.

Some of them are just (I know, we're essentially a pop band that plays pop songs) too poppy. Some of them don't really fit in with the other songs and would probably be better left for later. And the really annoying ones have this fucking autobiographical feel to them. I'll get halfway through writing, and it's like "Fuck, I'm writing about this!". And I'll put the guitar down and not touch it for a couple of days.

I already wrote "Making A Mockery". I have no desire to write another album like that right now. The new songs that we've played are really fun to play. And have nothing to do with me whatsoever. I kinda have the "new cd" worked out in my head. Even written down the order of the tracks.

But I just need to write one more song.
And it's getting really frustrating.

Let me know if the new template looks real stupid, ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home