Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Friday, November 19, 2004

And as my laundry goes around and around, i write.

I'll be the first to admit, walking to reflections with my amp was not the brightest idea. But i thought it would save room if other stuff was to be cabbed later. Today i was smart:i took the bus.

There was abit of confusion with the drums, which resulted in a franken-drum set comprised of both brad's and sean's sets. Neat. What was also neat: as me and sean passed by the attic/dome, two street kids asked us for change to get into the epworth show. Sean asked them their names, and promptly ran up to the attic and put them on the guestlist. Unfortunately ryan, the manager, was not in so my "status" couldn't be dealt with. Sean says he's gonna see about it. Hope so. with the marquee closing there will probubly be more shows that i'll want to see at the attic.

Anyway, we split up. Him to get drum stuff, me to get food. An omlett in my stomach and back to reflections. Where there was a kfc buffet. I think it had something to do with the coast "best of" party. The drums ar alright. Everything's set up. Head to the khyber to lend my support to "the moth". Just because i'm playing at one show doesn't mean i can't go to another.

Head back to reflections.And an odd thing happened. I started to feel nervous. So i buy a beer and head to the "band room" and played wilco covers to get my mind off of it.

I've been listening to waaay too much wilco.

The KNA played a short but great set and i've talked about how i like them before so that was no surprise.Tune and set up shit. I notice that i've been successfully nursing one beer since i got there. Which was the plan, didn't want a repeat of the mockery that was our last set. Except for a few technical gliches i think we did ok. The new song "death in the city" came off really well. And i could hear my vocals so i attempted to actually sing, as opposed to yelling like i usually do. Not sure how successful i was at that.And then we suddenly started playing "forward march" instead of what i said we'd be playing. But we're sketchy, so we're allowed.

So,yeah, we played and afterwards i felt really drained, mentally and physically. Which made me a bit antisocial, which some people took as me not being happy with the set. Which wasn't the case at all. Sometimes playing takes alot out of me, and this was one of these times. But after a few beer...and then a few more beer...and than a few more beer i was fine. We were all just hanging in the smoking room, then someone pointed out that sean was dancing like a madman on the dancefloor.

And that's when everyone was struck with dancing fever. Stages were stormed, shoes were broken, rugs were cut.

Enough of this. I was planning on shopping for some footwear of some sort, since the slushiness made it very apparant that my sneaks don't cut it anymore.
So off i go. And after that? May go to rachael's. May go to zeke. may just stay home.

And ian should give me a call when he's not working/in cape breton.

Later.
alf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home