Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

So yes, saturday continued.

So after us epworth, the special noise, and the hold played. Great sets by each, but that's to be expected anyway. Great bands play great sets.

ICE CREAM!!!!!!

After that, i make my way home to grab a shower. Then head back just in time for TMWSD. I've only seen them a couple of times, but they're always high energy and always fun. They should definitely play more. Then the burdocks. First show back from tour. I love them. Then fathom came on and the crust punks went nuts! Dale, amanda, matt and i make our way to kim's place, with ckdu jessica joining us for the walk. Lots of metal singing, lots of dress wearing, a little exploring, lots of sillyness. And kim's place is amazing!!!! It's the one on fenwick with the huge picture window. Kim's rommates spend a great deal of time complaining about men. My two cents: men are stupid.
It's true. We are.

Amanda takes a nap and dale goes with the roommates to procure beer. Beardo walks by, does a double take when he looks in the window,and joins us. And stephen shows up with filafel and it's the best EVER! But i get paranoid about missing bands and so me and beardo head to the show.

Hmm...why haven't they started yet?

The whole scheduale was pushed back and sets cut short. Cityfield were kinda cool. Folky-country-rock-kinda-stuff. Fallen Year weren't quite my thing...they just sounded like, well, alot of other bands. Yellow jacket Avenger were great, like always. And the Peter Parkers...they were just fucking beautiful.

So the burdocks are setting up to play, and one of the guys from a band called mardeen approaches me. Says that we were really good and would like to play with us sometime. It's always nice to hear that people like our stuff and we're always up for playing shows. But as the burdocks start their set, he's still there. And he's saying the same thing over,and over, and over again to me.

Him:This is really great!
Me:yeah...
him:You guys are really great too.
me:uhh, thanks.
Him:we should really do a show sometime!
me:ummm,sure.

Now i realize that he was pretty drunk, But after the 10th or 11th time i was ready to hit him in the face with my beer bottle. You just don't do this when i'm watching one of my favorite bands play. But after a...while he finally leaves and amanda takes his place.
God bless you amanda! God bless you!!!!

After that, much rocking out is done! The burdocks play a great set, complete with encore, and everything's great!Talk with seth for a bit, wander around, see if there's anything going on 'cause i don't feel like heading home just yet. But upstairs is just waaaay to crowded. On the way out some girl, with two jock guys in tow, starts talking to me about how great her boobs are. looking at the guys, i decide i better measure my words.

her: My boobs are awesome!
me:uhh...sure.
her:don't you think so?
me:umm...yes. yes i do.
Her:i took a picture of them and they're great!
me:sounds like fun!
her:yep. you're cool, i like you.
Me:that's great. you kids have a good nite.

And with that, singing songs as i make my way through the commons, i made my way home.
The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home