Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

So yeah, Saturday.

Head to beardo's place. Run into Brenda from work on the way. Do the usual "What are ya up to tonite" conversation. Asks me when spincycle will be playing next. Says she'll bring the rest of the Crappy tire girls down. These would be the same girls who dragged me to the pogue fado.
At the seahorse they'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Not a minute later I run into dale and Amanda. Those two are the cutest couple this side of...I donno. Pick a cute couple. They're cuter. Amanda's ice cream falls on the ground. I tell her to eat it and, to my surprise, she actually does so (note:she did leave what ice cream that actually touched the ground on the sidewalk). They head on their way, I head to beardo's.

I'm not in the door two seconds and he hands me a beer. Sigh. I wasn't going to drink, but the beer in my hand makes me forget the reason why. And so we drink our way through the commons. And I feel the beer hitting me. Think back...ahh yes, last ate at around noon. So we head to the pizza factory and I get waaaay to much pizza. Leave what I can't finish on a ledge across from the metro centre. Head to the seahorse.

The first order of business:pitcher. While beardo goes to acquire one, I see erin.She comes over and tells me about all the great bands she's gonna see now that she's moving to calgary. Erin's one of the sweetest girls i've ever met, and I'm sure she'll be missed. Our loss, calgary's gain.

So, then I suggested that we play pool. And beardo and I proceeded to play some of the worst pool ever in the history of pool-playing. Which actually made it all the more fun. And hey, at least the girl in the red hoodie who's name escapes me right now found it amusing.

First band up was Maximum RNR. Their lead singer was so energetic it was contagious. Loved it!
Tap on the shoulder.
huh?
tap on the other shoulder.
huh?
Turn around and there was one mr. gerry hubley. The guy goes to more shows than I do, and that's alot of shows. Give him a smile, nod, and an elbow.

KC and crystal show up from the burlesque show. Tell crystal about my fall off the wagon (hey, I went a week and three days!) She's one of the few who "get it". And while I was a little disappointed in myself, I was in waaay to good a mood tonite to let it bother me. And the next band was a part of the reason why.

And really, all I can say is that C'mon rawked! The red hoodie girl said I wouldn't be dissappointed. But there was no worries there. Read the previous post.

And last up, which I thought was a bit strange, was iron giant. I say them before and they were o.k. But tonite they seemed alot better. Not sure if they actually were, or that I was just in a wicked good mood, or that I was drunk.

Look around the room, and everyone else was really into it too. It's cool when everyone's having a good time and enjoying the music.

Wow, she looks pretty tonite.
(no Alfred, lookatyourfeetlookatyourfeetlookatyourfeet)

Anyway, after the band's done I head over to the booth, where alison and Emily are shooting people with pop guns. Have to get me one of those so I can shoot people while I work.

After much verbal and mental debate, we head home. Beardo easily convinces me not to eat the pizza I left by the metro centre. Hit the bed. and sleep.
A good nite was had!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home