Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Friday, August 19, 2005

Reasons why I quit at the call centre:

1. The quota. It's a customer service line. People either call to return stuff or to yell at you. Yet i'm expected to sell stuff and meet a monthly quota. Yeah...some people can and are good at this. I'm not one of them.

2. My scheduale change, part one. For september i'd be working from 7 pm til 3:30 am. Not really desireable, especially when our jam spot is only available between 6 pm and midnight. And for the obvious reason that it's really late.

3. My scheduale change, part two. Left work wednesday with my scheduale the next day being 9:30 til 6. Show up at work on thursday with it being 9:30 til 7:30. Sure, its just an extra hour and a half, but the fact that they can arbitrarily do this is a bit disconcerning.

4. Just seems like the right thing to do. Just like with canadian tire, i'm going with my gut on this one.

I had talked to Dale briefly about this on wednesday, and he tried pretty hard to convince me to stay on until i absolutely couldn't stand it anymore. And yeah, that does make sense, but...i donno, when have i ever done anything that made sense?

And remember, i still have my profit sharing to keep me going for quite a while if the search for work is a long one. Talked to my manager at CT to let him know i was putting my resume back out there. He wanted to know if i would work through the back to school rush (3 weeks) ( ). I told him i'd think about it. I mean, it would be three weeks of pay and then i'd be out of there again, but then there's always the temptation of falling back in again.

I suppose we can file this under being a learning experiance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home