Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Monday, June 21, 2004

*bang*bang*bang*
Yes, kids, it's the firmiliar sound of alfred banging his head against his desk again.

So friday, i head to the khyber with beardo for the piggy reunion. old man however-his-name-is-spelled just finished up and ruth is about to take the stage. And, to my surprise, jill is there. We say hi and we both go sit down (beardo myseriously vanishes, thinking "something" was up) and watch the show. And she's cute and all, however for the two and a half hours that we were there i'd say we talked for maybe five minutes. And i'm not nervous, it's just...we had nothing to talk about. at all. So after the show we say bye and me and beardo head to catch the last of slowcoaster.
So i'd say that me and her are both in the friend zone and i'm quite ok with this.

This is not why i'm banging my head.

Saturday and sunday, as i said, were spent at my brother's place. We really don't get to see each other very often, even though we live relatively close to each other and could if we tried easily make time. Right now he's on strike (he works for aliant) and he's starting to feel it money-wise.Maintaining a house and raising a teenage daughter can be pretty costly. But he also knows, and i remind him, how lucky he is to have a house, and a wife and daughter who love him, and all that junk. He always says i'm the lucky one, but i'm pretty sure i could make a good arguement against that.

This is not why i'm banging my head.

Now the reason for the get-together was that my parents came down for the weekend. It was kinda special, 'cause not only was it father's day, but they'll also be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in the 21st.
Yes, that is a long time.
So it's not very often that we can all get together, and it was kinda nice. Albert (my bro) and ma do their usual argueing and i just laugh. Dad tells stories about working on boats. Sometimes i feel guilty living here. My parents call me every week and they always sound sad that we're both down here. Sometimes i think about moving back to CB, but i think we all know that there's really no future for me there. But at least we all were together for a little while.

That is not why i'm banging my head, either.

I'm banging my head very hard against my desk because...
because someone i know is being very fucking stupid.
fuck.I'm gonna go for a walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home