Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I've put a new song up, finally! Yay!!!

So yeah, wilco in Portland. It was great! I mean, I've said before how Tweedy's lyrics seem to articulate who I am and how I feel better than anyone else. But hearing it live just brought it straight home. One of the best moments of the night was when Jeff backed away from the mic during "Jesus, etc." and all you could hear was the whole theatre singing "our love...our love...our love is all we have" It was like food for my soul. The whole concert was very spiritual in a way for me, which probubly sounds pretty stupid but it's true.

Actually the last couple of weeks have been kinda spiritual in a way. Not in a "religious, god-loving" sense, but more of a rejuvenation of spirit. Of looking into your inner self, cutting away the crap, and seeing what lies beneath. Of looking at who you've been, who you are, and who you're going to be. Which, for me, has been pretty much overdue. And i'm not sure if anything resembling progress is being made, but things seem to be feeling right. Which is better than a couple of weeks ago when I woke up at like five in the morning with the overwhelming feeling that everything was wrong.

it's like at the end of the concert when Jeff said (paraphrasing): "It doesn't matter what shit is going on or how fucked up things get, you just have to believe that we can make it better..."

It was almost like he was talking to me.
This all sounds really lame, doesn't it?
Goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger em said...

you saw Wilco?!

*jealous*

11:08 PM  
Blogger alfred said...

Yes, and they're coming here!!
*excited!*

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home