Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Monday, July 18, 2005

Modest Mouse
Good News...
Track 3
"Float On"


So It started up on Friday nite. Went to reflections to see Hot shot Robot and Lyle and the new tragedies. Hot shot played a great set, they even played "Pony..", my favorite song on the demo. Then the new tragedies were up, and also played a really tight set. JCS was able to make up for the lack of Ryan's backing vocals and the rest of band did a great job. I left before their set ended and headed to stage nine to see jenn grant an Goodbye Twentieth Century. I only caught the last two songs, but was pretty impressed. Kinda had a Wilco feel to it. Unfortunately, it was the last show with a backing band, and my first and subsequently last time seeing them. Well, at least in this configuration. Anyway, after that i made my way back to reflections. By that time i had a bit of a drink-on going, so some dancefloor brutilization was in order. By the end it was me, jen and jeremy getting our dance on. But i could feel sleepiness take hold and made my way home.

Saturday. The day of the big Halifaxlocals Vs. CBLocals baseball game. And in the spirit of this grand event I went to propeller and got some big beer. I mean that's what you do when you play baseball, right? Anyway, i think the alcohol made me less afraid of the ball cause i was actually catching stuff. And the heckling!!! Ha Ha!! Anyway, we ended up coming back in the ninth inning to win, though i'd say CB played a better game. Anyway i think everyone had fun and , i donno, hopefully noone took it too seriously. I surely wasn't.

After the game Chris, Dale, Ainsley and I went to the LC and hung out at ains's place. And good fuck she has a nice place! So yeah, much discussion about politics and how to break a marine's arm. Went back to Dale's for a bit, then home to shower and change, and then off to the burdocks cd release!! Awesome!! Special Noise, Lighthouse choir, Burdocks: killer sets by all! And yes, i was quite drunk. But it was all good.

Sunday was all about breakfast at vienna, Comic book mission, fantastic four movie with ian.

And Hangover City. Population:Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home