Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

And then the general manager called me up to the office to have a meeting with the store owner.

They don't want me to leave.

And yeah, they tried their darndest to convince me not to. They wanted to let me know that i was an appreciated part of the "canadian tire team". They asked me what it would take to get me to stay. A raise? A promotion? Changed to another department?

Yeah, it was interesting. But it wasn't the money or working conditions or any of that shit. Just a need for change. I mean i've been there for what, six years now? I've seen more than my share of people come and go from that place. Had to happen sometime.

They asked me if i had any plans, and, well, of course i don't. Or at least not in the "yeah, i got a job set up at such and such a place" kinda way. But hey, not having a job will, you know, encourage me to get on that.

Or i could just bum around and write music for a while.

Oh, for those of you who are worried that i'm gonna be screwing myself finincially, don't worry. You see, i actually do have a bit of money saved, and i still have another paycheck and a half coming. Not to mention my vacation pay and gst that we get in july. And by the time i run out of all that, my profit sharing will have kicked in (i got somewhere over$2000 in that). So i should be good till somewhere around october. And i'd like to hope, with my resume just freshly redone and a fancy written reference that the owner offered me, that i'll have a job by then.

And if not, they said the door was wide open for me to return anytime i want. And, while it's nice to have a fallback position, I hope i won't have to use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home