Geekboychamp!

He's a geek! He's a boy! He's a champ??

Sunday, January 25, 2004

He ain't heavy...
Alright, here we go!
My brother calls me at a little after twelve. He's doing some work in the area and was gonna drop my trenchcoat off. Finally, I get to give my brother and his family their Christmas gifts. We talk for a bit. My brother and I work conflicting hours so it's pretty rare that we get to talk to each other. Even though he just lives in sackville.

My new face

He drops me off at the mall where I proceed to go shopping for new glass frames. A friend of mine told me sears might be a good place to look. I'd been searching in town, but any frames that I liked had an insane price tag. So sure..Sears. Why not? Well, I didn't like any of their frames. At all. But luckily there was another place called shorney's optical to check out. Some of there glasses were on sale for $99.00, and that was with lenses included. I know this is starting to sound like a commercial, but that's a really fucking good deal.

I narrow it down to three frames. I takes me an hour and a half to pick one. I don't know about anyone else, but for me picking out new frames is a nerve-wrecking experience. I'm essentially picking out what my face is gonna look like for at least the next two years. I'm sure the clerks in the place thought I was nuts. But I finally did it. Went to the desk. Gave them my prescription. Ordered myself a new face.

"Why does it always have to be like this?"-chorus of This Song Was Written For You

Hmm..this is already pretty long. Sooo...Condensed version of Saturday nite (kinda):
Find mickey of rum in fridge. Not sure where it came from. Down it. Grab beardo. Head to chrisanna doyle's place. Hear crazy stories about her work. Offers me Jamaican rum. Head to the attic. LEARN TO SING AND PLAY GUITAR AT THE SAME TIME FOR FUCK SAKES! Have two beer. Notice them hitting me more than they should. Remember not eating since 5. Take precautionary steps. "peter! Make sure I don't do anything stupid."

So me and Amanda make the rounds through the dome. She points out a really big guy on dancefloor. He seems to think he's their leader or something, you just had to be there. We go back up and the first band's done.

ok...yes. For the record, she is cute. (What? Sean's gonna disagree with me?)

And then rock ranger go on. First time seeing them with Scott and without Dan. They're tight, and they still rawk. It's a bit weird, though. Cause dan's more...I donno...prevalent on stage?? Anyway they were really great and they played "old faithful". Talk to people. Sean has the whole "us playing the achievements party" thing handled. I listen to the music, think about band stuff and other "what the hell am I doing with my life" crap. Amanda beckons me to the dance floor with everyone else. We all sing "say it ain't so" and "hey ya" at the top of our lungs. Me and beardo leave. Talk about the usual. Head home. Pass out.
the end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home